Big Breakfast Muffins
Packed with apple, courgette, banana, seeds + berries - naturally sweetened with no added sugar... the perfect weekday breakfast to eat on-the-go. Vegan + gluten-free. Another bonus? These muffins are tailor-made to use up all those odds and ends hiding in the fridge. Give them a go below:
- 150ml almond yogurt
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 100g grated apple
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ a grated courgette • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g oat flour
- 50g rolled oats
- Coconut for sprinkling
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 100g mixed berries
- 2 tbsp mixed seed (we used pumpkin, sunflower and flaxseed)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Grease a 6-hole large muffin tin
- In a jug, mix the yogurt, oil, apple, banana, courgette + vanilla.
- Tip the remaining ingredients, except the seeds, into a large bowl, add a pinch of salt + mix to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix briefly until you have a smooth batter – don’t overmix as this will make the muffins heavy.
- Divide the batter between the cases.
- Sprinkle the muffins with the coconut, a few berries, seeds + love ☺️
- Bake for 30 mins until golden and well risen, (or till a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Find more recipes over on our instagram page @nudebites